Monday, April 4, 2016

Gameboul Update 4/3/16

I got good news and bad news!

Good news is, I got the emulator working! After installing RetroPie (where I left off in my last post) it wound up not working still. So I decided to start fresh and reinstall Raspbian. After the fresh install I tried RetroPie again, and it still didn't work. After doing a little research online, and playing around with it myself, I figured out why. RetroPie starts when the Pi is booted up, and since my Pi was already booted, it would not load. I did not want this because I want to (hopefully) implement my own gui that will start when the Pi boots up. SOOOOO I reinstalled EmulationStation. As I installed it this time, I found out why it didn't work last time: I didn't finish the steps... LOL! It said on the site that it will not work if I don't have any games. I downloaded Super Mario Bros., and the RetroArch emulator. After doing a few edits to the EmulationStation files, I was able to play it!


Bad news is, my screen doesn't work. Or maybe I should say didn't work. My screen currently displays the desktop, however icons are overlapping. Also, the touch part of it does not work. However, at first it did not work, or at least I thought it didn't. It would show the desktop, but it looked weird (icons overlapping) and the games did not show up on the screen. I messed around with it, and got to a point where it was glitching out. The screen would be black but if I moved the mouse, you could see the desktop behind it. After trying to fix my mistakes, I decided to do a fresh install of Raspbian... AGAIN! So now I am currently reinstalling EmulationStation so I can show it playing in class on my screen. Hopefully the screen will show the game this time.

Oh, more good news: I started printing the pieces I needed! I printed the back of the case as well as another piece to be used with the shoulder buttons. I am going to print the last piece tomorrow, and I will print the buttons when I get the right material for them. This reminds me that I probably should order that hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment